I've been tagged by Daisy. Since I met and married V. I've come to love celebrating Christmas with him and his family, although I do celebrate Channukah with my family (a bit). I'll answer the questions as best I can. :)
1. Egg nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate, with marshmallows. Can't stand the taste or texture of egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
I don't know. Doesn't he bring them wrapped? ;) (Personally, I wrap.)
3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
Both. We've got coloured lights some of which are static and others flash. V. likes the movement. We've only got one string of static coloured lights up on the house, only because we've just not had the time but I like those white icicle lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
The lights outside never come down. The tree goes up when we get around to it, on occasion as late as the 23rd. This year it was up on the 8th as we were hosting a Christmas poker potluck.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I love baked ham.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child.
Going to family friends who grew up with my Dad for Christmas day. Closest we ever got to celebrating Christmas.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Never was an issue as a jewish kid. :)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
V. and I sometimes give each other a gift as midnight strikes on the 25th.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lights, bells, balls and tinsel garlands and V. has a drummer boy set which can either hang in the tree or set up underneath and plays a variety of christmas carols on bells.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I love snow, hate the cold.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes but haven't for years.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I think it was the first Christmas V. and I celebrated and he surprised me with a Se.ga Dream.cast.
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?
Not a fan of dessert really. Usually too full by that time.
16. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
Since I met V, it's making the traditional Trinidadian Christmas fare, like Black Cake, Sorrel and Ponch de Creme and often amazing friends who can't believe a white, Jewish girl can do this.
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night by Sounds of Blackness (from the Night Before Christmas album). This is one of my favourite Christmas albums. If you like Gospel, you have to hear it. This is the closest I can get to providing a sound bite - http://www.mp3.com/albums/56850/summary.html
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yuck. Not really a fan of peppermint.
So, I'll tag: