Thursday, May 04, 2006

Why couldn't she take a vacation?

Okay so I had to call to find out, but in case you can't tell the patient who wanted to talk to the doctor has decided not to change/cancel her appointment and is going ahead with her surgery. BAH! She had wanted to take a vacation. I would have told her go have fun, take your vacation, surgery will still be here. But nooooooo, she wants to do it now, at the end of this month.

So, I continue to wait. My next appointment to go over the ultrasound results is June 2nd, then it's July 5th for the pre-surgery appointment for bloodwork and paper work, and then July 11 is THE day.

Meanwhile, Sandra, the receptionist has my name on a post it note and is keeping me in mind. The problem at this point regarding the cancellation, which isn't really a problem but a factor, is that a 2 hour time slot is required. She's had cancellations for 1 hour blocks, but not 2 hour. She says they do come up, but I won't hold my breath. So, for now, I've got 4 weeks until I go in again, and then another 4 weeks until D-day.

That's it for now. Hopefully I'll have more positive news to report in the near future.


Anonymous said...

Waiting sucks. I really hope a cancellation pops up soon.

Pam said...

Thanks Amanda. I've basically resigned myself to the wait. Anything I can cross is crossed in the hopes that something shows up before then.

Penny said...

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaarch... silly woman for not going on vacation.

Give me her number, I'll convince her to go.