Google
 

Sunday, June 13, 2010

An update, sort of?

Well, it's not really an update because nothing has really changed. We're still in a holding pattern, with the hope that we'll be able to cycle in July. It's not too late for June if something changes as I'm about 10 days away from CD1 but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Thank you to everyone who made suggestions about fund raising. There were some great ideas. I've been busy baking cakes for a couple of paying customers (my first!) which has kept me busy. I was trying to figure out how I could do an online bake sale through my blog. I kept running up against the whole shipping issue. Anyone local could always pick up an order but it could get expensive to ship, especially outside of Canada. Sending cookies and brownies are easy, but I'd want to offer up cupcakes as well. Anyway, I'm still working on that idea...meanwhile, I've got a basic website pulled together. I've got to do it up properly and fix the images, but at least there's a web presence.

And, what would a post be without a picture of a cake...
These are up on the site, but here are the last two cakes I made.




No comments: