I heard from the clinic this week while our nurse was on vacation. I am to stop taking the birth control on July 14th and then come in on my next day 2. Based on the fresh and the frozen cycles, that has been about 4 days following me stopping the pill, so I estimate that I'm going into the clinic on or around July 19th.
Our nurse got back from vacation today and because I'd sent her an email yesterday asking about the donors protocol and estimated dates, this is what she sent back:
- like me, she is currently on birth control pills until July 14th
- they estimate she should have a period between the 15th-22nd (hopefully sooner rather than later)
- she'll start Gonal-F approx. by July 25th
- 13 days from the time of the Gonal-F start , they estimate the retrieval will occur
- this puts retrieval about August 6, and transfer on August 9th
We have tickets to see Earth, Wind and Fire on the 9th. So, if that's when transfer happens I will be passing on the concert and let someone enjoy them in my place. This is reminiscent of our first cycle when we had Stevie Wonder tickets a few days after transfer. However, this time, I'm not upset to miss EW&F.
So, that's where we are now. I'll know more in another week or so. As it's an exclusive cycle, we should get more frequent donor updates during the stim phase with how she's responding.
I know it sounds stupid, but this time things seem to be falling more easily into place and it's all more relaxed.