Google
 

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Good Cause

Sorry I've been quiet for the last few weeks. There isn't much going on.

I did want to post about something that is near and dear to my heart and ask for your support, if you can. As you may recall, my oldest and closest friend, lost her battle with breast cancer in May, 2007. My mother has also battled cancer in various forms as has V's grandmother.

Patti and I are building a team to participate in the Canadian Cancer Society's Relay for Life on June 19th. The Relay for Life is a 12 hour overnight event where teams of 10 walk, run or stroll around a track. It's an opportunity to celebrate survival, and to remember and honour friends and loved ones.

I have pledged $20 and I am challenging everyone to meet or beat my pledge. You can also purchase luminaries which are candles that are placed in special bags that bear the names of cancer survivors and loved ones who have lost their battle with cancer and you can honour/remember your loved one. At each Relay For Life event, the luminaries are lit during a moving ceremony at dusk.

Please visit my personal page to make a pledge, buy a luminary, join the team or just get more information.

If you have any questions, please just shoot me an email.

Thank you.

No comments: