Google
 

Monday, August 06, 2007

Life goes on

without any real change.

Well, I guess that's not entirely true. Today V. and I went to the clinic. I'd been told to come back when I was on day 20 of taking the pill. Being a holiday here in Ontario, it seems that everyone not only showed up late to the clinic but with their husbands in tow. V. and I had every intention of getting in early, but we didn't get there until just before 10 thanks to a flat tire on my car. It was packed in their very large waiting room so we sat down to wait. I was able to get my blood draw done right away, but the sign up list for the ultrasound and to see the doctor was quite long. So we settled in for a long wait. V. had brought my video iPod and caught up a three old Grey's Anatomy shows we had missed during the season while I continued with my book (and finished it while there). I don't know how long it took, but at least an hour passed before I finally had to go empty my over full bladder. Of course, as I came out to go sit back down, they called me. However, the empty (or near empty) bladder didn't pose any problem. After the u/s I went back out the waiting room and continued to read and doze off. Periodically I would check the board to see where I was and how many were ahead of us. Finally, at about 12:40 we got called. Yeah!!! However, we had another 15 minute wait while the doctor saw two people ahead of us. I think we were his last patients of the day for the monitoring and we say him at 1:05pm!!! Before you say anything about being kept waiting, we know. He's notorious for taking his time with his patients which is why you try to get in early when you're doing the monitoring as it's first come first serve.

Anyway, while we were waiting to see him at the end I got an email from the agency that said "Just wanted to let you know that we are hoping for a late September/early October retrieval and transfer time with your donor. We are needing to make sure her cycles are regulated before starting medical protocol which should be happening soon." Of course, I read this and get ticked off because it looks like we're going to be pushed a month. It's not that a month is a long time, it's just that I want to go. now. :) Anyway, V. says to email back and ask why the delay and when is the donor's cycle due to start. I told him lets wait and see what the doctor says because he's really the one who's driving this process.

So, we get in to see him. He looks at the chart and then he posed a question that V. and I can't recall right now. But it basically allowed me to let him know what we had just found out that morning regarding the delay. He was surprised and went off to check with the donor coordinator at the clinic. He came back a few minutes later and said that we were still on track for late August/early September!!! Woohoo!!!! So, I've stopped the birth control pill as of today and am waiting for CD1. I guess it should show up Wednesday or Thursday??? I'm to start the pill again on CD2 and take it for 14 days and then go back in to see him on CD15. He said we'll know better then what's going on with the donor.

So I'm still confident that we're on track with our original plan. I'll know better in two weeks.

That's all I got. Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a good week.

2 comments:

LadyofAvalon56 said...

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyay!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The suspense is killing me - I can only imagine what it's doing to the two of you!!!!