Google
 

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Lost and Found: Flowers

It's been a while since I've participated in Mel's Show & Tell....

So, I've finished my cake decorating classes and I find myself with free time so to speak. I've got a couple of things on my agenda, but fear not, I will do the odd one day class. Meanwhile, the last class I took was called Gumpaste Flowers. It was one where we were taught to make life-like flowers for bouquets that would go on cakes. Initially I couldn't decide if I was enjoying the class or not, possibly because I was just so busy with work, home, and the other class I was doing at the same time. You can check out that finished product here. However, by the end of the course and seeing the finished product and what can be done, I think I did like it and in time could see myself making more of these.

Enjoy!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great! I haven't taken the gumpaste class yet, but would like to.

Jen said...

beautiful flowers, really lifelike. I have a gumpaste kit, but unfortunately my kids thought it was play-dough

Io said...

The roses totally look real. Can you eat gumpaste? What does it taste like?

Pam said...

Thank you.

Io - yes you can eat gum paste. It's a sugar based product. I've not tasted it, but I think other than being pretty sweet, it's pretty tasteless. Like fondant, I guess it could be flavoured. :)