Google
 

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Post #100

So, I've been blogging our journey since April, 2006 and I've reached my 100th post. I'd hoped that this post would have been earth shattering, or momentous, or inspiring or something, but it's not. :)

As I mentioned in the last post, we've got the green light from the clinic and we're still trying to figure out the money. Meanwhile, we should be receiving today (I hope) the blood work requirements from the clinic so that when CD1 comes, I can call and let them know. But, it seems that AF has gone AWOL. It's now day 30 on what is usually a 28 day cycle. This is what happened last cycle too. But it showed up late on CD30.

So, I called my RE's office on my way in to work. I kinda try to avoid those calls from my desk since I work in a small office area with 11 guys (and I'm the lone female). It's not exactly private. :)

So anyway, I called and spoke with the nurse in the office and thankfully the year away didn't have her forget who we were. :) She was happy to hear from me and asked if I'd been to Montreal yet. I filled her in on the last year, reminded her about the fibroids, the recovery/waiting period, the further delay at our end and told her that we've got the green light from the clinic but that our blood work was out of date. I needed to find out when I should come in since this is now Wednesday and my period hasn't started. So, basically, she said if it starts today or tomorrow, I should go in Friday. If it starts Friday, I'll go in Monday. I don't expect it to start as late as Friday because I've not had a 33 day cycle since my 20s. Based on last month, I'm expecting it to start later today, so that will be good.

Oh, and I don't remember if I mentioned this before. I'm going away for 10 days with my Mom to a spa on March 1. When she asked if I wanted to go with her, the first thought was "I hope this doesn't screw up the start of the procedure". But I don't think it will. I'm hoping that we can get the financing in place by the time I get back so we can start with D.'s March cycle which would be after I return. I'm kind of looking forward to it. This is where we're going. It's entirely vegetarian, and as far as I know there's no caffeine either. I don't mind the vegetarian aspect, it's the lack of caffeine that will get to me, but perhaps this is a good thing at this stage as I will have been off caffeine before the procedure and hopefully able to stay off caffeine. I've lost about 30 pounds in the last year since we first spoke to the clinic and I'm hoping that these 10 days will be the last push to drop about 5 more or so. Either way, I think it will be good. And spending the 10 days with my Mom will be good too.

Anyway, like I said, for a 100th post, it's not very inspiring. :)

3 comments:

wizdom said...

The inspiration comes form the fact that you are still here... don't sell yourself short...

Loving you from the East

LB

LadyofAvalon56 said...

Happy 100th!

I think it's a great post!

Pam said...

Thanks LB. Miss you guys. :)

Thanks Patti.