Google
 

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Next phase

Well baby fans, we are tackling things on two fronts now. I've enlisted the help from another of my family members and she is currently trying to work out something that will be beneficial to the both of us. Suffice it to say that she got screwed on something not too long ago so that was why I was hesitant to ask her (even though she would do anything for me). Anyhow, Bones (that's what I call her) struck out on the first attempt because of some stupid (and seemingly shady) processes and requirements, so I am not crying on that one. She is looking into something else and will let me know.

In the meantime, the other side of things have been set in motion. I always call my wife's 1999 Toyota Corolla CE a POS car but the truth is the damn thing is reliable, sits under 100K, is economical, zippy and works without giving us problems. As such, that makes it a valuable commodity. So, I have arranged to take a vehicle off a co-worker whose fiancee is getting a vehicle from work so she is getting his truck. It is a 1995 Nissan Maxima with high mileage, some rust and some work needed. We have a family friend/mechanic who used to work at Nissan and loves them so I will get it fixed up right freeing the POS to be sold for as much as we can squeeze for it. That should get us halfway at this point making it a little easier to move forward.

TMI ALERT!

Speaking of moving forward, it would seem that all three of us (myself, Pam and our donor) are required to retest due to the time that has lapsed. Oh my. How ever will I get MY test completed successfully. I think I will need some help on this challenge. May I phone a friend?

V.

No comments: