Google
 

Monday, February 18, 2008

Family Day

That's what today is in Ontario. We have a new statutory holiday which is celebrated the 3rd Monday in February to break up that long period between New Year's and Easter where there is no break. However, not everyone is fortunate enough to has today off. Those who work in union environments where holidays and vacation time are written into collective agreements don't get today off. If you work for the federal government, such as the postal service and banks, you don't have today off. Many of those people chose to use a vacation day in order to spend time with their families. V. and I are lucky that we both get the day and as such we headed out for breakfast at his favourite pancake place today. We're debating about whether to go to a movie, but I'd just as soon hang out at home and catch up on some reality tv we're behind on (love that pvr) or watch one of the hundreds of movies we've got on dvd or even fire up the 360 and play the game I bought at Christmas. We'll see how it goes as a couple of friends have both mentioned the movies. As much as I love going to the theatre as the next person, it's going to be packed today.

On other things, I've been lazy for the month contrary to what I promised myself and not lost a lick of weight. However, I've been making an effort to prepare and provide more healthy choices for V. and I foodwise, and I finally started back on the treadmill on Friday. Woohoo!!! That one I'm very pleased with as I'm confident I can get back into the swing of my early morning walks before I head in to work.

On the TTC front, today is CD20. I'm not sure we're going to be able to start the FET cycle in 10 days. I don't know if we're going to have all the money needed as we've had some unplanned expenses the bulk of which was car expenses for my car. That money would have covered the balance of the funds needed for the cycle. So, it may be getting pushed one more cycle. V and I have to sit down and go through the budget for the next month or so and see what's up.

Anyway, however you're spending your day today, I hope it's a good one.

1 comment:

thrice said...

Car expenses are just maddening