I took this meme from Jess. I thought it was really interesting.
* 1580 - Sir Francis Drake circumnavigates the globe.
* 1966 - The first Chevrolet Camaro appeared.
* 1988 - Ben Johnson is stripped of his gold medal in the 100 m sprint at the Seoul Olympics for failing a drug test
* 1774 - Johnny Appleseed, American environmentalist (d. 1847)
* 1888 - T. S. Eliot, American-born writer and editor, Nobel laureate (d. 1965)
* 1898 - George Gershwin, American composer (d. 1937)
* 1914 - Jack LaLanne, American fitness, exercise and nutritional expert
* 1948 - Olivia Newton-John, English-born Australian singer and actress
* 1820 - Daniel Boone, American frontiersman (b. 1734)
Holidays and observances
* European Day of Languages.
There weren't any real holidays or observances.
Here's the meme:
1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your Birthday Month and day only.
2. List 3 Events that occurred that day.
3. List 2 important Birth days (Jess listed five, and so have I.)
4. List 1 Death.
5. List a Holiday or Observance. (if any)