Google
 

Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

I started blogging 6 1/2 years ago. I had figured that by the time I reached this point in time I'd have anywhere from a toddler to a 5 year old. Apparently I was wrong.

I used to believe the adage V would say "I may not be where I want to be, but I am where I am supposed to be". I don't believe I'm supposed to be here.

Anyway, today is just going to be a quiet day. Nothing special. We'll probably go out for dinner on the weekend or something. I did take the opportunity to make a cake though. :)

It's a banana cake with homemade caramel filling and a chocolate butter cream. It was totally awesome!








I haven't given up on the idea of some sort of raffle for either baked good or knit goods. I just am not sure how to get past the "pa.ypa.l police".

2 comments:

Gil said...

I already drooled over the gorgeous photos on FB. You know I did. I had to wipe my screen for heaven's sake. Sinful. Positively sinful woman.

Did you ever try the idea that a lot of people use to save money? Sticking what you would have spent for something in a container? For example, those who want to give up smoking, every time they want to buy a pack, they put that money in a sealed jar instead. And at the end of a month, they find out they have a boatload of cash that otherwise would have literally, gone up in smoke. I know you guys don't smoke but I do know you love to pop out to various spots to eat now and then. If you stayed home for one month, and never ate out at all during that time (not even Subway or anything!), I wonder how much your jar would hold? Sometimes, I'm curious about it myself. I wanna do this with Hubby's Tim Horton's coffee! Betcha I'd have a hundred bucks, easy! Just a thought.

Lut C. said...

Happy birthday, or should that be yummy birthday?

Gil has an interesting idea (if tough to do!).