Google
 

Monday, June 08, 2009

Just a quick note.

As you are all well aware, this is my wife's blog and I try to stay out of her way (much like when she is in the kitchen, it is her domain). However, I would like to take this time to acknowledge something we tend to take for granted far too often.

While we have made a number of acquaintances, passersby and curious onlookers, we have also been blessed to make a few good friends that have transcended the confines of the blogging multi-verse. This past weekend, we were honoured to host a gathering of our personal friends, the S-crew, meeting up with our new found friends in G&D from the valley and Aurelia from the T-dot. While not everyone could make it, it was very nice to be able to spend time with this group to share stories, food, drink and laughter.

I think that a lot of people go through this process and at the end, should things not work out, feel they did not benefit from it in any way. We will definitely not be one of those groups of people because our lives have been enriched in many ways and we thank you all for that.

OK, I will slink off back into the shadows now. Please resume what you were doing.

V.


Edited to add by Pam:

Rather than make a second post, just to add my two cents, we had a fabulous time! Gil and her hubby came to spend the weekend with us and it was just awesome. We're definitely going to do this again. I know I've said it before, but whenever the four of us get together it's like we've known each other for years and we talk non-stop catching up.

Saturday we had a barbeque for Gil and hubby, Patti and Mark, and Aurelia. Unfortunately MyReality and Mr. Wonderful weren't able to join us this time. We had a great afternoon talking non-stop again, drinking,eating, playing with little Jack and catching up. We all decided that we needed to plan another get together for more Toronto bloggers (and anyone else who's in the vicinity at the time) because we all really had a great time.

Here is a picture of the four of us.




Okay, here were really are. That's Gil, me, Patti with Jack, and Aurelia (you really thought you'd catch a glimpse, eh?).





Okay, one more. That's me, Aurelia (gotcha again!), Patti and Gil.

4 comments:

calliope said...

your husband is all kinds of sweet!
& I LOOOOOOVE when friendships are made in our community. So good to see you guys together.

Gil said...

You're completely certifiable, you know that Pam? LOL... TOO funny!

It was so wonderful to see you guys again and to get together with Patti and Aurelia. I wouldn't have missed it for the world! BIG hugs to you both and to Patti, her family, and Aurelia too. Because honestly, while I love making online friends, real world friends are far and away superior. Love you guys.

Aurelia said...

Oh very funny, I thought you were going to replace everyone's faces!

It was nice hanging out, and I was glad to see you again. And thanks to you too V.!

LadyofAvalon56 said...

Oooh I love those first pics. The other ones can go away. I like being Jennifer Aniston!!

It was an awesome time and Mark and I both walked away saying, "Ya know, things like that should happen more often."

Thanks for hosting (again!), P&V.